Sunday, April 18, 2010

Getting Ready

I leave on Thursday to go down to sunny California for my roommates wedding and then I am flying out from there. I have two friends that are making this journey with me and it should be interesting. You see, they are both boys. So first I will spend 12 hours in a car with these boys on Thursday and then on the next Tuesday I get to spend 10 hours in a plane with them! I'm actually feeling pretty good about first getting to London with two boys to protect me. In fact, Christian is already getting just a little protective. He is scared that I'm going to find a way to get myself into trouble in some way or another.

Anyway, this week I get to finish finals and pack up my life before leaving. It is always fun to try and get all my stuff in boxes so I can't even imagine what it is going to be like trying to fit all the stuff I need to take to London into one suitcase. I have already decided that I am going to have to buy a lot of the stuff I will need when I get there. For example, shampoo and conditioner and laundry detergent. I think I just didn't realize how much stuff I use at home without even thinking about it. Good thing I'm not going somewhere that doesn't have convenience
stores.

I think everyone hates the preparation before a trip, but it will be worth it when I am breathing in that dank English air!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you and a bit jealous! Call me so we can see if we can get together for lunch before you go.

    ReplyDelete